My furnace isn't heating, what can I do?
- Ensure that your furnace has power. You can try to reset the furnace by turning the power switch off, wait 1 minute then turn the switch back on. Or you can turn the thermostat to the lowest setting, wait 10 seconds then turn the thermostat back up. The furnace should restart itself.
How often should I change my furnace filter?
- Your filter should be checked monthly. Based on the cleanliness, your filter should be cleaned or changed.
When should I get my furnace cleaned?
- Your furnace should be cleaned once a year. It is best to get your furnace cleaned in late summer or early fall to ensure proper operation during the frigid late fall and winter months.
How long does the typical furnace last?
- A well maintained high efficiency furnace is expected to last 15-20 years.
My A/C unit isn't cooling, what should I do?
- First check to see if the outside unit is running and is clear of debris. You can also check to see if the breaker is tripped. If your outside unit is running but not cooling please call us to schedule an appointment.
How often should I change my filter?
- Your furnace filter should be checked monthly. Based on the cleanliness, your filter should be cleaned or changed. A dirty furnace filter can cause cooling problems.
When not in use, can I use a cover for my outside unit?
- We recommend that you don't use a cover. Using a cover makes it a perfect home for animals that can do damage to your unit. Air conditioners are designed to withstand changes in the weather.
What percentage of humidity should be in my home?
- With the average heated home the humidity should be between 25-35%.
The air in my home is so dry. Why?
- When the air is heated, its relative humidity plummets. It strips moisture from the air, your body and your skin.
What are the benefits of having an humidifier?
- Well-Being: Proper humidity helps repel respiratory problems associated and caused by dry air.
Comfort: Helps to eliminate dry throat, nose, itchy skin and reduces the amount of static electricity.
Energy Savings: It reduces your heating costs because you will feel warmer at lower temperatures.
Preservation: It protects your home and furnishings from shrinkage due to dryness.
Water Conservation: Our largest units use less than $15.00 of water per heating season.
We have an Aprilaire unit for you, no matter what type of home you have.